After seeing the photo of of an egg baked inside an avocado all over the internet the past month, I had to try it out. Below is my version with detailed directions and pretty pictures : )
Egg Baked Avocado
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Oven Temperature: 425 Degrees
1 Ripe Avocado
Smoked Gouda Cheese (thinly sliced)
Green Onion (chopped)
The ingredients can be very flexible; feel free to top the egg filled avocado with your favorite type of cheese, crumbled bacon, minced garlic, fresh parsley, etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Slice your avocado in half and remove the pit. (I find the easiest way to remove the pit is to stab it with a knife and twist it out)
3. Place the avocado halves in an oven safe pan.
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half. (You can scrape out some of the avocado to make more room if you’re using small avocados or large eggs)
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
5. Lay smoked gouda over the top.
6. Sprinkle with green onions slices.
7. Sprinkle with paprika.
8. Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 15 minutes for over easy eggs. ( If you like your eggs over hard, bake for 20 minutes)
Egg filled avocados produce this kind of happiness. Enjoy!